How To Use Onions For Weight Loss? Does onion reduce body fat?
I m going to tell benefits of onion for weight loss: This versatile vegetable holds some very powerful benefits when it comes to slashing pounds and making your body stronger inside and out. In just 45 calories, this bulb-shaped vegetable, can add immense flavor and a powerful punch of nutritious goodness to any dish.
1. Help you burn more calories:
Onions contain many flavonoids, including quercetin, which specifically is shown to boost oxidative metabolism. It also may have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce body fat. Although more research is necessary to solidify these findings, a few studies have certainly shown some promising results.
2. They have a high amount of soluble fiber:
Out of 1.5 grams of fiber, 1.2 grams of fiber present in half a cup of cooked onion is of the soluble kind. Soluble fiber promotes the slow release of nutrients into our bloodstream, which gives you a constant supply of energy. Moreover, soluble fiber stimulates blood flow by reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Onions make you feel full:
The highly powerful sulfur compounds and antioxidants present in onions lower inflammation, which research shows, stimulates the feeling of fullness. Inflammation weakens your full signal. One of the sulfur compounds present in the bulb of the onion, called Onion A, hinders the activity of macrophages, which as one of their defense tactics, are responsible for widespread inflammatory response.
4. They detox the liver:
Onions contain compounds that soak up carcinogens like arsenic, mercury, lead, cadmium and tin present in many processed foods. The sulfur compounds in particular are potent detoxifiers that cleanse our body and keeps infectious diseases at bay. Onions also contains immune strengthening vitamin C that assists in the elimination of heavy metals. The antibacterial properties present in onions kill pathogens like salmonella and E. coli, and they also shield our respiratory system from compounds that can cause asthma.
3 Effective Onion Recipe For Weight Loss
1. Onion Juice For Weight Loss
Onion juice is really helpful if you want to lose weight. When you cook onions the nutrients are burned. To reap maximum benefits, you should extract the juice from onions for weight loss.
You Will Need
- A fresh white onion
- 24 ounces of water (equivalent to 3 cups of water)
- Peel the skin and slice the onions.
- Put it in a pan.
- Now add 8 ounces of water to it and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Now pour these in a blender.
- Blend it well and add 16 ounces of water to it.
- The onion juice is ready to serve.
2. Raw Onions For Weight Loss
Eating raw onions for weight loss can be very effective and no wonder you’ll be happy with the results.
You Will Need
- One raw onion
- A dash of black salt
- A slice of lemon
- Slice the onion and toss it in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over it.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Eat with your food.
3. Onion Soup For Weight Loss
Onion soup is yet another great way of losing weight. Soups, in general, are considered effective when it comes to losing weight. Soups are low in calories and they make us feel full while adding a lot of nutrients. Onion soup is just amazing if you want to lose weight. It is healthy and tasty and perfect for weight loss.
You Will Need
- 4 large chopped onions
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 ltr. Of water
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 2 potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add chopped onions to it.
- Move onions constantly until the color changes to brown.
- Take another pan and boil water. Then add vegetables, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Now cut the potatoes and carrot. Add it to the pan.
- Cook it on low heat for about an hour.
- Put the soup in a blender and blend until it is thick.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Soup ready to be served